Monday, October 30, 2017

A Letter To Kansas Foster Care Task Force About Its 'Kids For Cash' Schemes

Image result for brown v board of education
Children & Families of Kansas
vs.
State of Kansas
Privatized Foster Care
Contractors
The following communication was sent to me from a Kansas family who is fighting to save their grandchild who was removed, put in foster care, and adopted out for no reason.

Well, there was alot of money involved.

It should be noted that, in Kansas, there are no constituency services for the residents from their elected officials nor are there any civil rights protections, based upon its constitution.

It should even be noted that voting rights are being legislatively stripped from the people by establishing corporations like KVC as trustees over individual's right to vote.  The legislation is found, below.

That means Kansas can do what it wants, well, until the DOJ steps in like they had to do in the action of Brown v. Board of Education.

Hopefully.

Yes, the Brown case came out of Kansas, but in this instance, in dealing with foster care, it is about civil rights, or rather democratic segregation because, everyone knows, there are no civil rights in child welfare, particularly with privatized contractors.

One of the main issues of public corruption within the State of Kansas is with its private contractor, KVC, where its employees are running for public office using funds of the foster care organization, bloated contracts are handed out like candy to political candidates, and judges get kickbacks.

Oh, and KVC directors are allowed to lobby the state as part of their jobs.

I want to thank everyone again for all the effort on the Foster Care Task Force. Change starts with people like yourself—people that care.

 Please take a few minutes and read this story of greed and arrogance from DCF and it private contractors Last July, I was at the Hilton Hotel where KVC was having Bill Self in for a fund raiser with a goal of raising $600,000 in cash since the table costs were $25,000 a table.

 I was approached by Chad Anderson, who is in the executive role of KVC and past President of KVC in Kansas. I was approached by Chad Anderson two times.

 One was to tell me to stay away from his donors.

 My response to Chad Anderson was how did he know that maybe some of his donors where also donors of a non for profit that as grandparents had put together.

 If you go to state of Kansas business entity search, you will find the name KVC Kansas register under Ben Frie.

 We are in the final process of getting IRS 501c3 approval with our board of directors. KVC is aware of this and they continue to use the name in marketing under KVC Kansas ins which we have asked them to stop since KVC Healthcare has never register this name with the State of Kansas.

 This leads into the second approach by Chad Anderson of KVC Healthcare. He approached my table and I made the joke if he was going to donate to a truly good cause since our cause will be to help parents/grandparents with family court issues so they can have private attorneys vs a court appointed attorney that spend 2 minutes with parents before court.

 Chad Anderson got upset and made a comment to me “that he was going to take me down”. I filed a court order for TRO and was granted it based on Chad making this comment in front of two witness. Bottom line the Judge in Johnson felt that Chad Anderson actions crossed the line since he made those comments and got into my body space since he was truly upset.

 Couple weeks back which I will send you a copy of the court order and the letter from Chad Anderson outside attorney (KVC Healthcare hired a outside firm and paid for Chads Anderson deference despite my court actions was against him personally not KVc Healthcare).

 So bottom line, fund raisers are done and money from the state given so KVC Healthcare can hire a outside attorney firm. I tell you this story since last month I was called a “political activist” by the attorney for Chad Anderson.

I do not believe I am a “political activist” but someone that sees wrong. Sees wrong on what DCF, the private contractors and the court systems and want to help protect the children of Kansas. So please take five minutes and please read my concerns of the task force:

 1-Is the Task Force aware that Gilmore signed a new contact for another 2 years starting next July so is this task force truly about fixing the system. The last couple of renewals have been one year so why the need of two years renewal for the private contractors?

 2-As most people are aware, I have attended all of the task force meetings and all but one working group so not sure if anyone besides maybe Linda Gallanger has spend more time learning the system.
I have become a certified parent ally so I can go to court to help protect parents or grandparents since most of them do not know the laws.

 On top of this, I have read the training manuals that was issue to DCF workings last summer. I have spend time understanding the financial statements of KVC.

 Saying this, my concern is allowing the private contractors attend the working groups and sit at the working group tables.

 So we are allowing one of the main concerns to sit at the working group tables and I have personally seen the influence of the private contractors.

 Next month, KVC is doing a GALL at Union Station where the event to rent the Union Station was over $200,000. Yes that is a great investment since if you google KVC 2017 Gala. You will see their goal is to raise over a MILLION Dollars

 3-The first two concerns coming from the task force was:

  •  A-Children sleeping in KVC or St Francis offices. Well again not sure if anyone has visited the ten million dollar recently built new building in Olathe. It includes a 6,000 square foot ball room which I guess are children are not good enough to sleep in that beautiful ballroom. 
  • B-That we have missing children. I can tell you not once did DCF or our GAL ever see us with our grandchildren, KVC case worker stoped by twice on surprise visits. We passed these inspections with no problem. So my question, what does DCF do? Gilmore hires private contractors so she does not have to do her job. That simple. 

 4-Besides Linda Gallagher who was at our court hearing truly understand the laws in place in Kansas. Does this task force understand that if I was to kill someone in Kansas that I could have appeals. In Kansas, a family court judge decides and there is not appeals. Decisions need to be moved to a jury system vs a judge

 Then reason way is simple and I will use Ju Judge Cahill who is on the task force as a example. He starts the two court cases I have attended by saying how great KVC or DCF does in reports.

 The parent ally on my sons cases has given me a affidavit that this judge had already made up his mind before my sons court hearing.

My attorney emails to me after being witness to Cahill was simple. That when my son missed court based on a car wreck and admitting to the hospital and the Cahill ruled against my son comments were simple. Let him take legal action against me if he does not like my decision.

Why do I point this out. Well Cahill is feature in the KVC annual report. He was honor as a “hero” at KVC annual meeting.

 He attends the events of KVC. The question to the judges like Cahill or Sloan are simply. How many times have you overruled KVC or DCF?

 I know of one case. DCF and KVC ruled against a lesbian couple that wanted to adopt. They were detreminded not the right fit by KVC and DCF based on their sexual preference. Judge Sloan overruled KVC and DCF on that case. Again ask this simple question. How many times does a judge rule against DCF or its private contractors

 5-Do you know have many lawsuits have been filed AGAINAST DCF or its private contractors?

 I know of three lawsuits that have been settle by KVC and St Francis where a confidentiality agreement have been signed that was for deaths and rapes of children under their care.

 I believe DCF and KVC/ St Francis should disclose every lawsuit in the last 10 years to the task force. They can take out the names or care numbers.

 I haver personally been asked to testify for two cases against KVC and St Francis I have talked to two attorneys that have settle million dollar lawsuits against DCF or its private contractors

 6-The make up of the working groups is not a fair balance since it is full or attorney or people running for office or friends of private contractors.

Show me one parent ally which is accepted by DCF as part of the recognized person of the court system.

 Do not take this the wrong way, how many task force members know what a State certified parent ally does in foster care?

 Show me one parent or grandparent that maybe understands the system needs more than some of the members of the task force?

 You have members of thew working groups that was selected that our agents for KVC. I have provided this information to Steve Alford and my concerns of these people.

 You have judges that are so tied into the private contractors that they have lost site of their jobs. 

Finally lets call it for what it is. Kids for Cash.

 KVC and St Francis are great marking companies at raising money but foster care is something that takes people that care more than about money.

 KVC letter talks about me having their employees on tape talking about the greed of the executives. There talk about me having judges talking how broken KVC and DCF are.

 KVC talks about me having the print outs of case workers from KVC admitting drug use or mental issues.

 Yes I have all of this but unless the task force allows open and honest communication then this task force is doomed.

 We have the highest paid state employee on the board of KVC. We have contractors given with a true RFP process and as a sole source.

 We still have a good old boy system with DCF and its private contractors.

I personally look forward to speaking to the entire task force in open forum and going into more detail of how the system can be fixed but wanted to continue to express my concerns until the system is fixed. 

Again I thank you for your time as we work to fix this broken foster care system in Kansas.

Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©

No comments: