Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Michigan Election Tales: Marsha Squier, Marvin Surowitz In Macomb County

Marsha Squier is running for office on the unincorporated Green Party Ticket.


Marsha also says that Green Party has activities all over the world, even Sweden, with Greta Thurnberg, who has her own, very special Michigan connection.

Very interesting interview...

MARVIN SUROWITZ a.k.a. ‘MARVIN MARVIN’ Marvin is a professor of Political Science. He has been teaching college since 1964. Students say his class is a pivotal point in their lives. Since the 1960’s Marvin has been involved in social and political issues: environmental, human rights and peace. He has run for political office. He’s travelled to over 30 countries so far. In the 1970’s Marvin studied with R. Buckminster Fuller, the famed architect, writer and futurist. ‘Bucky’ declared “Humanity could be a success on Spaceship Earth...” through technology and thinking “outside of the box.” “When I was a child there was a TV show called “Queen for a Day” where the “lucky” winner (the one with the most compelling sad story) was awarded most of her heart’s desires: a new washer, TV, money, etc. I dreamed of being “King for a Day,” where I might right the world’s wrongs -- hunger, poverty, discrimination, injustice. I soon realized I would need more than one day more than one week -- perhaps more than one lifetime. In my best moments I see people as One. I see the Earth working. I see peace and prosperity. I see no wars. I see sustainable and equitable growth. I see Earth Community!” Marvin Surowitz is the founder and Executive Director of Earth Community, Inc. Marvin is a lifetime Detroit area resident. Marvin continues teaching Political Science, as he has since 1964. He is a parent, grandparent, mentor, world traveller, an author, a community organizer, a freedom advocate, and an accomplished public speaker. Most importantly he is a visionary and a peacemaker. S.J. FLECK Steven Joseph Fleck holds a Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication and Film, with a Minor in Art Photography, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design. He is an artist, musician, DJ, political voice and resident of Detroit, Michigan.

Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©

No comments: