Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Why Public Attorneys Only Represent Interests Of Public Private Partnerships: SCOTUS Denied Pro Se Veteran Request To Waive Fees

Image result for veteran homeless
Veterans Battle Cry: "No money, no justice."
A funny thing happened on the way to SCOTUS...

A veteran, pro se, applied to wave the court fees as a veteran.

SCOTUS denied the veteran.

At least he made the docket.

Like I always say... No money, no justice.

I get so tickled when the Courts tell people they are not allowed to proceed because they cannot afford an attorney, let alone find an attorney who has mastery of the subject matter, let alone an attorney who has the gumption to even put their names of such civil rights cases.

This is why I have an issue with corporate counsels of government who are bound to their own interpretation of a governmental attorney, be it the U.S. Attorney General, States Attorney General or local contracted law firms representing municipalities or counties, who represent the furtherance of interests of the corporation, and not the people.

These public attorneys, who are supposed to take oath of office in some form of another, whether through appointment, election or contract, protect the interests of their clients, through that wonderful doctrine called "attorney-client privilege".

Why do governments get to call "attorney-client privilege", which is exempt from FOIA...when they are public officials representing public entities?

I say it is time to represent the people, and not protect the Public Private Partnerships that pay their attorney fees.

The following is an email communication I sent, June 6, 2018, to City of Detroit and Wayne County Corporation Counsels requesting assistance as a resident, constituent of their jurisdiction, and yes, the email was therapeutic.

This is not in the court record so I decided to preserve the annals of history and publish this here:

Greetings gentlemen, 
I pray this meets you well in the spirit of your profession as corporate counsel. 
It seems I have been prescient in my fears of retaliation in losing my humble abode. 
I have received Notice of Property Tax Delinquency for the tax years of 2016 and 2017. 
For me to shuttle back and forth between the City and the County to resolve this matter could be deemed as ex-parte communications, which is why it is at this time I am requesting constituency services.  
Having communicated with the City of Detroit Tax Assessor's Office, I find out that these are not taxes, but fees for Solid Waste Removal that were converted into taxes by the Wayne County Treasury, sent over by the City of Detroit.  
The City of Detroit Assessors Office states it is a Wayne County issue.  Wayne County Treasury states it is a City of Detroit issue, where staff of both government offices have instructed me to communicate with its respective corporate counsel. 
In 2016 I received a property tax refund from the Wayne County Treasury after formally grieving on being falsely responsible for past due taxes included the sale of my property from the Detroit Land Bank Authority. 
So, how is there a tax delinquency when I received a refund? 
I also filed and was granted the poverty property tax exemptions in 2016 and 2017. 
Fees are not taxes and there does not exist a legal process for this conversion and bifurcation of payment. 
If these fees were properly converted into taxes, then the City Board of Assessors would have included the certified judgment of conversion of these fees into taxes for the poverty exemption and I would have qualified for State Emergency Relief through Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to apply for a grant of payment. 
I am not the only homeowner experiencing property tax foreclosure similar to my concerns expressed herein. 
Simply put, I am not going to lose my home and would be most appreciative if corporate counsel of Detroit and Wayne County immediately resolve the matter of property tax foreclosure for the well-being of my family. 
I shall thank corporate counsel of the City of Detroit and County of Wayne, in advance, for representing me in the capacities of public officials, by advocating for me, as a resident and a mother of two disabled children. 

Godspeed.

--
Beverly Tran,
Detroit Land Bank Authority, Registered Agent
A Michigan Corporation since 2016
Dissolved by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette, 2018
You know I will be updating.

Long Live "The Poors" (always said with clinched teeth).


On a side note, why do we even have homeless veterans?

Why does Perkins Coie suck when it comes to a special veteran?

This is just so messed up on so many levels.

On a mission...

Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©

No comments: