Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Peaceful Roll Call

I have the honor and enjoyment of participating in the Congressional Black Caucus Boot Camp.

It is a place I located right next door to the nation's capitol on the campus of the National Labor College.

As a wonderful opportunity for those who have been nominated by Congressional members, individuals across the nation, including the U.S. Territories come for intense training in political campaign strategies and campaign finance law.

But of course, in my own fashion, I must report on structural deficiencies, administrative gaps and archaic modes that just keeps stifling the desperate voices of youth to participate in progress of society.

Today, there was a group of participates who were chastised and humiliated by an individual who did not have the courtesy to introduce themselves, for being late to a "roll call" which was:
  1. Not even on the schedule; 
  2. With no location; and,
  3. No idea if this phantom event was mandatory or voluntary.
The group was dictated to be silent for fear of expulsion having paid thousands of dollars and travel hundreds of miles, sacrificing personal duties to be a part of history only to be publicly ridiculed for violations that did not exist.

Actually, if there are approximately 50 persons participating in the program, and there were at least 10 members who were not in attendance for the so-called "roll call", then, logic would present itself to have a highly significant error rating of 0,20 for the structure and administration of the program, demonstrating a need for improvement in the transmission and maintenance of information.

The keeper of the record has rusty and crusty methods, lashing out to those who have embraced mobile technologies.

So wrong on so many levels.

I was moved.  I was taken back to that place I pray no human shall ever experience.  I was transported to the hell of being found guilty without the opportunity to speak or challenge.  For a brief moment in time, I relieved the hell of child welfare.  And just as fast as I experienced that flashback, I knew I had to stand up and speak out.  

Ergo, I shall be doing a daily debriefing of a status quo that has to go.  By this I mean that we, as a people must extinguish punishment and penalty without the pleasure of free speech and due process.  

The person who dispensed this verbal and psychological cruelty of denying this group of people their constitutional rights, proudly touted that the most important document that we must all read to be the United States Constitution.  The irony was only surpassed with by the arrogance of authority.

This nation, nay, this world shall only progressively evolve through the innovation of thought and public expression of peace and love.  My mode of choice is my blog and its vehicle shall be the 2012 elections.

The world wants peace and it is time to listen.  



No comments: