Friday, January 19, 2018

Congressional Transcripts of Glenn Simpson Fusion GPS Interview & More Evidence Perkins Coie Sucks


EXECUTIVE SESSION PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE, U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES,

WASHINGTON, D.C. INTERVIEW OF: GLENN SIMPSON

Tuesday, November14,2017
Washington, D.C.

The interview in the above matter was held in Room HVC-304, the Capitol, commencing at 2:13 p.m. Present: Representatives Conaway, King, Rooney, Ros-Lehtinen, Gowdy, Schiff, Himes, Speier, Quigley, Swalwell, Castro, and Heck .

UNCLASSIFIED, COMMITTEE SENSITIVE

Below, are testimony statements highlighted to show the investigation is going someplace, but only a few know about.

It is not what you think it is.

Stay tuned.
Neither the U.S. House of Representatives nor the committee recognizes a

Any purported nondisclosure privileges associated with common law, Including attorney-client privilege, attorney work product protections; and neither the U.S. House of Representatives or the committee recognizes any purported contractt1al privileges, including those supposedly deriving from nondisclosure agreements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOWDY: So in this instance, we can all celebrate the fact that they were correct. You were hired by the Washington Free Beacon? 
MR. SIMPSON: That was the client, yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MR. GOWDY: Well, let's try to approach it this way: When you were hired by Perkins Coie, did you consider them to be the client? 
MR. SIMPSON: Yes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MR. GOWDY: That wasn't my precise question. With respect to this fact pattern, with respect to your firm being retained, were you aware that Perkins Coie was working on behalf of the DNC? 
MR. SIMPSON: Yes. I mean, I know that they are - the DNC is a client of Perkins Coie. I don't - I didn't see it -- nobody gave me a document or inforr:ned me specifically of that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MR. GOWDY: How did you come to know Christopher Steele?

MR. SIMPSON: I met Chris in -- I left the Wall Street Journal in 2009. And. in my last few years at the Wall Street Journal, I had been living in Belgium, in Brussels, and had developed a line of reporting around the former Soviet Union and crime and corruption in the former Soviet Union. And I had written a series of articles about Vladimir Putin and a lot of corruption and organized crime activities sort of making its way westward from Russia, and eventually started doing a lot of work on Ukraine, corruption in Ukraine and gas trade in Ukraine, and connections to the Russian mafia. That's when I first came across Paul Manafort. 
MR. GOWDY: Now, help me understand this. Would that payment for Steele have been expensed to the law firm, or would Fusion have paid that out of its own money that it received from the law firm?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MR. SIMPSON: I believe, at least if things were running the way I hope they ran, it was expensed to the law firm. 
MR. GOWDY: So Perkins Coie paid Chris Steele? 
MR. SIMPSON: I think it was --I mean, I think we billed them for it.  

Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©

No comments: