Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beverly Tran Campaign Message and Meaning

Well, here it is.  This is my official campaign material and groundbreaking cyber-campaign.

This is traditionally called a kicker card because it is used to kick off a campaign.  The purpose of the kicker card is to provide the voter with soundbytes, a catchy slogan, a headshot of the candidate, with a few name-dropping action shots of the candidate talking with prominent people.

These cards are done in bright colors to stand out.  Many use symbols of the American flag and for state elections, a picture of the capitol in the background.  If anyone knows me by now, you should have guessed I was going rogue.



My headshot shows my contemplative nature.  Serious yet relaxed and deep in thought.  My shirt and tie undone shows how I look after hard work.  The black is my color of choice.  A color of honor, elegance and reverence, not for me but for those who are willing to stand up and speak out for those who are silenced.  The issues are black and white, the color scheme of my campaign.

Instead of a slogan, I used published taglines.



"Children are our most precious treasures" is a statement I am quite proud to have been adopted into the City of Detroit Charter Preamble.  To give backgrounder to this term, it is an economic term.  To break it down to a much more simplistic explanation, "Before you were a man you were a child".  If people stop giving birth, the human race would cease to exist.  Therefore, children are the future of society.  The concept is called pareto-optimalization; a future cost-benefit economic analysis of future outcomes based upon current conditions.  I choose the word obviation.

One of my opponents in this Michigan District 4 race actually voted against this being adopted into the City Charter and has been attempting to publicly dismiss me for this.  I find her ignorance and socio-economic indolence to be quite entertaining.

"If you cannot find a job, create one."  In the tech world, there is more than facebook and twitter.  Unfortunately, my opponents have do not realize that there are more ways to live than the 9 to 5.  For me, my SEO background has allowed me to analyze the potential of setting up small businesses and launching micro-entrepreneurial businesses.  This is the home business.  Whether through a blog or posts, a person can engage in business.  Perhaps not to buy a million dollar mansion but there is potential to supplement an income and express oneself through creativity and innovation, be it music, art, food, or other home made goods.  The cottage industry.

Productivity is good for the mind, body and spirit.  Productivity stops crime.  Productivity is a job.  There is no reason to sit around and wait for someone to give us a job.

"To protect and serve youth."  Who watches the watcher?  Need I say more.

"Voting is beautiful, be beautiful, vote©.  I own this copyright.  The story behind this is very personal.  I found this original, very first campaign poster of the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.  I decided to preserve the record and filed.  It was a touching moment to show Mr. Conyers a fleeting accomplishment of his past as this was the first major piece of legislation he worked on when he was elected.  It was beautiful to see him happy.

Mr. Conyers was very excited to know I used his choice of photo in my campaign material with our dear friend, George Clinton, who is spearheading awareness on the need to address intellectual property issues.

As for my consultation work with U.S. House Judiciary, it seems there are some who believe I am misleading for sake of election.  I challenge anyone, anytime, as long as it is in a public venue and internet counts.  Just give me a few extra minutes for notice so I can ride my bike or take the bus.  My car has been...let's just say...misled by someone who does not want me in office.

"Made in Hamtramck, in the heart of Detroit".
I live in the City of Hamtramck, in the heart of Detroit.  It is a secret gem of this new District.  I used this tagline instead of a union bug.  A union bug is the symbol indicating the material was printed by a union shop.  There are no unions in Hamtramck and I know many small printers in the Cass Corridor where I lived for years going to Wayne State who are not union.  I am talking about basement printers and small store fronts.  Because these individual or family owned shops are not union, they never, and when I say never, I mean they are blackballed from the political printing in Detroit.  These are the people who created their own jobs.

Google me.  Share me.  Just vote August 7, 2012, I am at your public service.
Voting is beautiful, be beautiful ~ vote.©

No comments: