Thursday, August 19, 2010

How To Report Medicaid Fraud in Child Welfare?

I recently asked the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for public guidance on how to report Medicaid fraud in child welfare.

Let's see how long it takes them to blow us, the public, off with standard referral to the State Medicaid Fraud Control Units or the Medical Integrity Programs which prompted this federal contact request for guidance as the States refuse to address Medicaid fraud in child welfare in the first place.

Thank you for your feedback. It has been forwarded to the appropriate parties.

Thank you for your question. Medicaid is a state administered program. Therefore, each state sets its own guidelines (within Federal guidelines). For specific information about coverage and services for your state, please contact your local Medicaid office. You can view your state’s Medicaid Office contact information by visiting Follow the two step process by (1) selecting a state/territory you want to search, then (2) select how you would like to search (Type of Organization, Organization Name or Contact Type).

Federal guidelines regarding Medicaid eligibility, coverage, and services can be found at: .
Discussion Thread
Customer - 08/19/2010 01:12 PM
Please provide guidance for the public to properly report Medicaid fraud in child welfare (i.e. state foster care/adoption) when the records are sealed and kept from the public on the administrative billing costs.

Medicaid fraud, in the form of Targeted Case Management, is found in fraudulent reports. So, please, present guidance on how to report this perniciously pervasive form of fraud.

Beverly Tran

Question Reference #100819-000059
Product Level 1: Medicaid
Product Level 2: Medicaid Integrity Program
Product Level 3: How to Report Fraud
Date Created: 08/19/2010 01:12 PM
Last Updated: 08/19/2010 01:12 PM
Status: Unresolved

Stayed tuned.  I will post the response.
Post a Comment